"Unable to start the following plugins due to timeout while waiting for plugin to enable" during BitBucket installation

alexgrimaldi May 27, 2016

Hello,

I am in the process of installing Bitbucket on a ubuntu server. The installation seems to be ok. However, when I start Bitbucket (/etc/init.d/bitbucket start), Bitbucket does not start and I get this error message:

2016-05-26 16:27:22,323 ERROR [spring-startup]  c.a.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler

Unable to start the following plugins due to timeout while waiting for plugin to enable:
com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-connect-plugin,
com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-remote-event-producer-plugin,
com.atlassian.bitbucket.server.bitbucket-jira-development-integration,
com.atlassian.bitbucket.server.bitbucket-mirroring-upstream,
com.atlassian.bitbucket.search.bitbucket-search-query,
com.atlassian.bitbucket.server.bitbucket-branch,
com.atlassian.bitbucket.server.bitbucket-jira,
com.atlassian.bitbucket.search.bitbucket-search-index,
com.atlassian.stash.plugins.stash-remote-event-bitbucket-server-spi

I was wondering what the problem might be. Could it be due to a rigid firewall? If so, which URL or set or URLs should I open on my firewall?

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Alex

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2016

Hi Alex, there's probably a different error further up in the log which indicates that one of the plugins failed to start, which in turn causes other plugins that depend on it to timeout (because they're waiting for their dependencies to become available).

I'd suggest opening a support ticket on https://support.atlassian.com and provide your log there.

Cheers,

Michael

alexgrimaldi May 27, 2016

I will. Many thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events