Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Hmm... can't find that one " message

Santiago Gutierrez July 28, 2018

I made a 'git push' from my local to remote repository in Bitbucket.

When I tried to open the new file using Source option,  I can see the file in list, but I clicked in the link, I got the the error message below:

Hmm... can't find that one

That file or directory doesn’t exist. Go back to the previous page and try another one.

But, the file is in Bitbucket, because I can find it when I click in Commit, click again in my last commit, then I can see it in the 'File Changed' list.

Why,  cannot I see my file in the Source option?

Thank you

8 answers

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
Jim Krizan August 7, 2018

This post resolved the issue for me 

https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/16793/bitbucket-may-have-lost-my-files-stuck-in

In essence turn off "New source browser experience BETA". This can be found at: account (Bottom left) > BitBucket Labs > New source browser experience BETA.

souza182 August 7, 2018

OMG! It's a workaround but is working perfecly now.

Thank you very much ...

Ondrej Chrastina August 8, 2018

This helped to solve my case also. But I take it as a temporary solution. I hope this would be fixed with the option "New source browser experience BETA" turned on.

Jim Krizan August 8, 2018

I agree...I had this issue randomly for about two weeks and its the only thing that worked.

gaduel August 10, 2018

Had the same problem and the solution was indeed to turn off Beta. Hope it will be fixed soon!

urbino2018 August 10, 2018

@Jim Krizan thank you. I have the same problems. Your answer resolve my problems. 

michael August 11, 2018

Thanks! This resolved my issue too.

Maxim Kulikov August 14, 2018

Thank you so much

baras August 19, 2018

Thank you very much. Solved it for me too and saved me a lot of time.

mohamed anfas August 21, 2018

thanks a lot.. this was really a pain in the butt. but i wonder why this happens?

purdys_ryan August 22, 2018

Solved the issue for me, too! Very strange.

sumitshukla007 August 22, 2018

Thanks.

ltnclark August 26, 2018

perfect!

Josue Gonzalez August 27, 2018

Thanks very much!... Now it's working...

2 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

Hi everyone! There was a similar case were clearing the cache solved this issue. For detailed steps on what the other user did, you can check this thread.

Hope that helps!

Ana

pacoispaco August 17, 2018

I can confirm that clearing the cache in my browser (Firfox) solved it for me.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2018

Thanks for your input, @pacoispaco!

2 votes
Yusef Ho August 8, 2018

I have the same problem as well.

I did some test:

1. renamed the repo on the bitbucket, it works.

2. changed the name of repo back to original one, it's not working as message 

3. cloned the issuing repo on bitbucket to local, and push it to another repo, it' works

I'm wondering why??

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2018

Hi Santiago, welcome to the Community!

We had this issue earlier this year, can you try to reproduce it as explained at Issue #15914 and let us know if it's the same problem?

If it is, we'll need to report it again to find out what caused the regression and fix it.

Thanks!

Ana

cob_258 August 4, 2018

Hi,

I've got the same problem, I've made a "git push", I can see the files and folders but when I click I get that message and when I go back the files are not here.

some details :

• It's a private repository
  • I shared it with a team the day before, same problem even after removing the team access
  • the commit contains some modified files and others are moved to a subfolder
  • after going back I see only the files from first commit and the ones I moved, the moved ones are not displayed in their current directory but the one they had in the first commit
  • when I click to repository (the python icon) the files appear again, but the same problem

Edit:

It's possible to access files from commits->view file

2018-08-04_15-38-28.gif

souza182 August 5, 2018

Exacly! I have got the same problem here.

That file or directory doesn’t exist. Go back to the previous page and try another one.

Richard Filipčík August 6, 2018

Same problem here. I can view newly pushed files on the commits page and even search them via filter bar, but when I click them all I can see is the error message mentioned above. They also don't appear on the source page.

sudharshanr August 11, 2018

same problem here

0 votes
ioanaorca August 8, 2018

I have the same problem ! 

0 votes
Garrett Gyssler August 7, 2018

Also having the same problem. Files appear in my clone locally (and a new clone from scratch), but when trying to view the folder on bitbucket the "Hmm... can't find that one" message appears.

0 votes
mdsirbb August 7, 2018

Hi,

I've got the same problem. Any solution for it please ?

0 votes
Fe De August 7, 2018

Same problem here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events