• Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • "GET /mvc/error500 HTTP/1.1" c.a.c.m.a.ApplicationServiceGeneric Directory 'JIRA Server' is not functional during authentication of ''. Skipped.

"GET /mvc/error500 HTTP/1.1" c.a.c.m.a.ApplicationServiceGeneric Directory 'JIRA Server' is not functional during authentication of ''. Skipped.

Thomas Solbjør January 3, 2013

After upgrading Stash to 2.0.1 (from 1.3) I get this error when cloning, and pushing.

Login to to the Stash WebApp is working as expected.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi Thomas,

I've created a Knowledge Base article based on this case, feel free to add any comments if I missed a point or two:

Cannot Clone nor Push...

Cheers,
Ricardo

0 votes
Thomas Solbjør January 6, 2013

Thanks - I have registered an issue : SSP-548

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Hi Thomas,

Adding the username to the URL is only a hint for an HTTP client (Git in this case) to use basic authentication. This results in a request that is attempting to authenticate with a blank password, before prompting for your actual password and trying again. However your user directory (JIRA) is throwing an exception on the first attempt, which shouldn't happen. There may be something wrong with the directory configuration.

To diagnose this further it would be handy to see the full stacktrace from the logs which should contain the underlying exception. You could either post that here and/or raise a support ticket at http://support.atlassian.com and attach your logs so we can help diagnose this further.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Thomas Solbjør January 3, 2013

It seems to be a problem with urls that contains the username, ie: http://username@stash:7990/scm/REPO/repo.git

When cloning the same repo wihtout specifying the username it seems to be OK - but I need some solution to this since Stash itself is providing the link with username and all the cloned respositories have this as their remote...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events