"GC overhead limit exceeded" when refreshing Active Directory

Matt Sauer June 26, 2014

I configured our directory to query our entire tree in anticipation of other groups within the organization utilizing stash in the future. The initial synchronization succeeded, but the process always fails now. Additionally, because of the major memory consumption, the entire application runs extremely slowly while the job is running.

I have attempted to change the query string in our test environment to isolate our development organizational unit. Now when running the refresh, it runs out of memory and the entire application fails to respond to requests.

In production, I am preventing the refresh from running because of poor application performance. This is a problem because new/changing users and groups are not available in the application.

Is there a reliable way to re-create the directory while retaining necessary user data & permissions inside repositories?

1 answer

0 votes
Pepe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

I suspect the same is happening for the installation I'm working on. I wanted to bump this question and see if any new information is out there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events