Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pull request diff is missing side-by-side view

Stuart Bowman August 19, 2015

Running Stash 3.3.0, this problem happens in IE 11 and Chrome (latest). 

Description: In a pull request diff view, I cannot actually see any file diffs. I have the file tree on the left and then empty white space to the right. It is as though the side-by-side view is turned off and I cannot turn it on. However, if I examine a specific commit within the pull request, then I am able to view file diffs. 

Can you help me get my side-by-side view back??

screenshot:

image2015-8-19 11:55:51.png

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

This has happened to us before when we are preparing to upgrade to Stash 3.9.1. Apparently, we are doing a pull request review on a single file that has more than 20,000 lines on it. The diffs is not actually working for that file. Can you check if that's the case?

Thanks, but that's definitely not the problem. These are small files; only a few hundred lines at most. The thing is that side-by-side view used to work fine. I feel like I turned it off at some point. My suspicion is that I just can't figure out how to turn it back on now. If you look closely at my screenshot, there seems like a UI element missing in the top right. I think there should be some sort of button that allows me to select the view and there is no button.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Try zooming out and check if the button appears. For me, it looks like a button with 3 horizontal dots.

Like Naama8283 likes this

Nope, that didn't solve it either. I only see the button with the chevron on it that toggles the tree view.

Stuart Bowman August 24, 2015

Any more ideas? This is really making a mess of my ability to perform pull request code reviews!

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2015

Try opening a ticket against Atlassian Support (support.atlassian.com). They will need information from your Stash instance to troubleshoot what's really happening here.

Stuart Bowman August 24, 2015

Progress: we put stash into safe mode and the problem immediately went away. And, we've verified that this is happening for all users, not just me. So, now we're assuming that there is a plugin conflict that is causing this.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2015

Nice! Enable the plugins one by one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events