(the plugin was out of the marketplace)

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

The latest public version (6.0.4) can be downloaded from here:

http://www.kintosoft.com/subversion

as some companies need it due some no-common issues (restoring backups, etc).

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2014

Hi Kinto Soft,

When looking at official explanation:

"Subversion ALM for JIRA has been archived due the lack of free time to support it properly. The new JIRA Data Center architecture has a big impact on the current design among other improvements like support for tracking merges etc. that cannot be afforded."

In my opinion this should not be a reason to suddenly remove the plugin from the marketplace. I totally understand that there is no much time to to support but keeping this on marketplace is not breaking instances. Plugins should be available for some time even that are no longer compatible with the latest versions. Many users are still using older versions of JIRA. Why you did not wanted to keep it?

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

In my opinion, it is the same the Marketplace than the official web site in order to download a product.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

I do not agree with that. Of course if you know what you need it is OK however on Marketplace you have more information about the related version. In your official documentation you added only last version that do not even say which JIRA version is supported.

What else?

In general people are using UPM and in this there is a link to the Marketplace not official site. When clicking on this they see that plugin was archived (Dejan screenshot) and no additional info why.. when.. is there any other plugin.. how to cleanup now the instance or transition to other plugin...

Only when googling someone can find this question or your official site where he can find answers.

In addition.. I can say that the official information was created few days ago and plugin was not available on the marketplace for a while.

In my opinion plugin should be on the marketplace until all people will stop using it .. and who knows maybe you are not having time right now but in half a year or a month you will be able to figure out how to make it compatible..

Lastly I can say also that JIRA Data Center is not replacing JIRA and there is no need to make plugin compatible for this new offering that was by the way officially announced yesterday.. not a month ago..

1 vote
Dejan Stojadinović June 22, 2014

Snapshot from Atlassian Marketplace (link):

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2014

It has been un-archived with new and very important changes:

1. It is not longer supported. I know some companies would preffer a supported commercial version, but I discarded it after thinking about it carefully: with Atlassian providing commercial FishEye and free JIRA Subversion plugin for Server and with the new free and commercial offer from a 3rd party company for Cloud, there were not too much market share.

2. OpenSource. There are too many active instances (+700 for ALM and +400 for old Plus) and it was very unfair discontinue it without proving an alternative. So, OpenSource seems a good solution as current users can fix bugs and contribute to new features/enhancements.

Enjoy!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events