/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/setenv.sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Rohit Ramani November 6, 2016

root@server1 [~]# service atlbitbucket start

To run Bitbucket in the foreground, start the server with start-bitbucket.sh -fg

Starting Atlassian Bitbucket as dedicated user atlbitbucket

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/catalina.sh

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/setenv.sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/setenv.sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/setenv.sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/setenv.sh: line 19: /set-bitbucket-home.sh: No such file or directory

There was a problem starting Bitbucket

Please help to solve the above error.

5 answers

0 votes
Rohit Ramani November 7, 2016

Hi

Finally I have created the new vps with centos 7.1 and followed the http://comtronic.com.au/how-to-install-atlassian-bitbucket-server/

I successfully installed the Bitbucket server.

It seems that it was issue with version , I have centos 6.2 on which I was trying to install Bitbucket server 4.10.1.

which was causing the issue.

By the way, Would you let me know which version of Bitbucket server should I use in centos 6.2 ?

Thanks

Rohit.

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2016

Is systemd in use on your Linux box? If so, check out Bitbucket Server is not available due to "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread" which may be related. 

What is the output of ulimit -a when run as the atlbitbucket user?

0 votes
Rohit Ramani November 6, 2016

Thank vishnu, for quick reply

I have rebooted my machine but still I am getting same error.

I have also tried to increase file descriptors limit.

But I am getting same.

0 votes
Vishnu Reddy K November 6, 2016

Hi Rohit, 

is your system running too many processes?the issue many occours when you run out of threads or run out of file descriptors.Reboot of the machine will work.

Thanks

Vishnu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events