/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/setenv.sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

root@server1 [~]# service atlbitbucket start

To run Bitbucket in the foreground, start the server with start-bitbucket.sh -fg

Starting Atlassian Bitbucket as dedicated user atlbitbucket

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/catalina.sh

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/setenv.sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/setenv.sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/setenv.sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.10.1/bin/setenv.sh: line 19: /set-bitbucket-home.sh: No such file or directory

There was a problem starting Bitbucket

Please help to solve the above error.

5 answers

Hi Rohit, 

is your system running too many processes?the issue many occours when you run out of threads or run out of file descriptors.Reboot of the machine will work.

Thanks

Vishnu

Thank vishnu, for quick reply

I have rebooted my machine but still I am getting same error.

I have also tried to increase file descriptors limit.

But I am getting same.

0 vote
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Nov 07, 2016

Is systemd in use on your Linux box? If so, check out Bitbucket Server is not available due to "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread" which may be related. 

What is the output of ulimit -a when run as the atlbitbucket user?

Hi

Finally I have created the new vps with centos 7.1 and followed the http://comtronic.com.au/how-to-install-atlassian-bitbucket-server/

I successfully installed the Bitbucket server.

It seems that it was issue with version , I have centos 6.2 on which I was trying to install Bitbucket server 4.10.1.

which was causing the issue.

By the way, Would you let me know which version of Bitbucket server should I use in centos 6.2 ?

Thanks

Rohit.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

715 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot