Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge conflics in a pull request

daniel_lara September 26, 2017

I have been working with a repository that has a master branch and other 3-4 features branches. So far I was having no problems even if I was pretty new to version control systems and bitbucket. 

Nevertheless, a few days ago, I push some code to one of the branches that had corrections from merge errors. I leave a directory that was not suppose to be there so I clean the previous commit with git reset HEAD~1 and push again the content without the other directory that I did not wanted. Once that was set, I created a pull request to merge the branch content into master but I got a couple merge errors in bitbucket. From what I read in this forum a valid process to solve this is to do: 

git checkout branch1
git merge master
*fix conflicts in the editor
git commit *m "message"
git push origin branch1

The problem is that whenever I try to merge with master it says:  master - not something we can merge. I tried to do git merge origin/master and it says the same. I detected that maybe I do not have even a master since using git branch -a only shows a branch1 and an origin/branch1 as remote. I cannot checkout to master or origin/master and I have tried a lot of techniques in the internet. 

It would be very helpful if there is a simple way to fix this since I have been searching a lot of time without any luck. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2017

Do a fetch (all or just the branch) and make sure master is in your local

git fetch --all

Try the above steps after that and see if it can find master now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events