Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail server configuration issues

Ram_Kuchakulla May 22, 2014

I am running free version of stash on my localhost.I am trying to setup mail server configuration and i get an error.i get the error "Mail sending failed. Please verify the mail server configuration and check the logs for details". My hostname is localhost and Email from myemail@company.comand Recipient myemail@gmail.com. How can i fix the issue to create new users and send them notifications?

The log file details are attached below. (error.txt)

2 answers

0 votes

Thank You guys, let me try and get back to you all.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2014

Hello Ram,

some parameter is wrong so you can't connect to your SMTP host. Please take a look here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Setting+up+your+mail+server

If you need more help, please provide us more information about your account main setting.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

I am not sure what do you mean by account main setting.

Are u referring to my Directory configuration summary?

The parameters i am entering for setting up the server are

hostname: localhost

Email from myemail@company.com

Recipient myemail@gmail.com.

the log file details are in error.txt attached in my question.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2014

Yes, you've not configured the connection to the mail server correctly.

Connection refused: connect. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25;
is very clear - Jira is trying to connect to the sending mail server and can't because you have not given it the right server, password, user name, or port (or many of them)

Where are the user name and password? How did you set up the local mail server? 
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2014

Hi Ram,

Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25;

Check if your SMTP server is up an running. Check if the process for the mail server is running and if it is, if its running on port 25.

You can test it using telnet:

# telnet 127.0.0.125

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2014

Hi Ram,

as Nic said, you need to check your SMTP settings. Please take a look here to retrieve gmail main settings http://email.about.com/od/accessinggmail/f/Gmail_SMTP_Settings.htm

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events