Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login issue : microsoft SSO to bitbucket login

Mareena Joseph February 22, 2021

Yesterday created bitbucket account and linked to microsoft account using SSO AAD.

Today, there was an issue with my microsoft AAD account and my account was deleted and a new one created with the same email.

Now I cannot login to bitbucket with my new microsoft email id because bitbucket considers this account already exsits with the old microsoft account details.

Thanks for your help..!

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2021

Hi @Mareena Joseph ,

Is this for the Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your Community account?
Or is it for a Bitbucket account with a different email?

I can see in our system a Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your Community account.

SAML is not used for the domain of this email, so, SSO is not the only way to log in to the account. One thing you can do is request a password reset email via https://id.atlassian.com/login/resetpassword, set an Atlassian account password via this email, and then try to log in to Bitbucket using email + the Atlassian account password.

Regarding the issue with Microsoft login

I'd like to ask a few questions, so we can better help you.

You mention

bitbucket considers this account already exsits with the old microsoft account details.

1. Do you see an error/message indicating that?
  2. What happens when you try to log in to Bitbucket with Microsoft?
  3. Could you attach a screenshot with any errors/messages that you see? (please feel free to sanitize in the screenshot the email itself and any other sensitive info)
  4. Could you please try opening an Incognito/Private window of your browser, make sure you are not logged in in Microsoft in that window, and then attempt to log in to Bitbucket with Microsoft? This is to understand if the issue may be related with your existing browser session or not.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events