Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local file access protocol setup

Jueli Lin November 26, 2015

Hi BitBucket support,

Our svn system was just migrated to BitBucket using plugin technology by someone (not me).

The above 2 vcs systems are on the same server as Teamcity(a build tool). We want to stick to using file access protocol for vcs in Teamcity. Wondering what the local file path is to map to below url.

http://lin989@devctlstosdtl02.iteclientsys.local:7990/scm/tos/tos-common.git

(vcs connection test in Teamcity to the above url using http protocol is successful.

Before migration, we use  “file:///app/svn/tos-common/“ to reach svn repo. Not sure what path to put there after “file:/// “for the current git system.

In current git repo (location is/app/ztosdevtools/atlassian-bitbucket/application-data/bitbucket/shared/data/repositories/…)

we see files such as:

/app/ztosdevtools/atlassian-bitbucket/application-data/bitbucket/shared/data/repositories/25/subgit

/app/ztosdevtools/atlassian-bitbucket/application-data/bitbucket/shared/data/repositories/23/svn/.svngit

23 is for tos-common while 25 for some other.

Wondering if you can easily tell me the file path to put after “file:/// “. If not, you may just let me know the rationale to figure it out.

Thanks,

Jueli

1 answer

0 votes
Semyon Vadishev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2015

If I understand your question correctly, your Teamcity server was accessing SVN repository via URL: file:///app/svn/tos-common/

Then you have used SVN Mirror Add-on to migrate your SVN repository to Bitbucket Server and now you're going to use file:/// protocol in order to access Git repositories hosted by Bitbucket.

In this case you can use:

file:///app/ztosdevtools/atlassian-bitbucket/application-data/bitbucket/shared/data/repositories/23

file:///app/ztosdevtools/atlassian-bitbucket/application-data/bitbucket/shared/data/repositories/25

Those subgit/ and svn/.svngit directories keep Git-SVN metadata used by SVN Mirror add-on and they reside in the Git repository directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events