cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer

Ivelin Ivanov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 26, 2024

Hello,

For the past two weeks, I’ve been experiencing an intermittent issue when running git pull. The error occurs sporadically, but not every time. Below is the error message:

kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Sometimes, the git pull command works fine, and I receive the message "Already up to date." However, other times, the connection resets, and I cannot pull updates from the repository.

Here are some examples of the output:

x@server1:/public_html$ git pull

Already up to date.

x@server1:~/public_html$ git pull

kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer fatal: Could not read from remote repository. Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists.

x@server1:~/eu/public_html$ git pull

kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer fatal: Could not read from remote repository. Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists.

x@server1:~/public_html$ git pull

x@server1:~/domains/store.getwebsite.eu/public_html$ git pull

Already up to date.

and so on...

This issue occurs intermittently, without a clear pattern. We would appreciate your assistance in investigating the problem, as we have multiple websites relying on this Git repository. Consistent updates are crucial to our automated system, and these errors disrupt our workflow.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events