Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to turn off this atlassian 'help' popup which is locking the whole screen?

sadiewelsh December 16, 2020

trying to approve a pull request, i get a new popup from atlassian which greys out the whole screen. it is 'showing' me their new exciting features on a pull request!  there is no scrollbar, it overfills the screen. i can't escape, hit enter, i have rebooted, reloaded the pull requests and this thing just pops up again.  i can't close it, scroll, or get to any of my pull requests now.  anyone else having this issue and if so how in the world do you get to your code.   

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2020

Sorry about that.. can you provide a screenshot? Have you tried using the "-" minus key to make the screen size smaller.. that might be a way for you to dismiss the dialog.

sadiewelsh December 16, 2020

Hello, yes I also tried minimizing the screen, using the arrow keys, dragging it to my second screen, but it still didn't show a scroll.   I even logged in from another laptop and it refused to let me pass the screen unless i hit the 'got it' button (which i can't access since it is below the fold). 

i was able to find someone else who had a much larger screen, plug into that, so i could see the 'got it' button that i had to click.    

would suggest not requiring a user to hit 'got it'   to get past a full lock down of the screen (all menus on the atlassian window, couldn't get to even my other repo's once it locked).    give us some other manual way around atlassian announcements. 

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2020

Thank you for the reply. I just tried this and was able to dismiss the pop-up with the enter key.

I will pass your feedback on to the design team. The escape key should also clear the pop-up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events