Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to integrate sonarqube inside bitbucket?

udaya June 10, 2015

We want to make use of static analysis tool sonarqube in the project. we are considering moving to bitbucket..

how does one integrate this tool?

3 answers

2 votes
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

Hi,

You could try our Sonar for Bitbucket cloud add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ch.mibex.bitbucket.sonar/cloud/overview. This is best used together with our SonarQube plug-in for Bitbucket cloud which creates pull request comments for found issues: https://github.com/mibexsoftware/sonar-bitbucket-plugin

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Michael

Hafiz Muhammad Abu Bakar October 10, 2016

Hi @Michael Rüegg [Mibex Software], thank you for your answer, can you please guide me how Bitbucket can trigger the sonarqube to start analysis when new code is pushed in repo?

Thanks

Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2016

Sure. You just need to add the "Bitbucket Server repository triggered" trigger to your build plan and every time you push code to your Bitbucket Server repository, the build plan execution will be triggered automatically.

Saziya Banu March 29, 2018

Can you elaborate on how this can be achieved? How am I supposed to add "Bitbucket Server repository triggered" to my build plan?

Michael Rüegg _Mibex Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2018

Sure! You can do this in the plan configuration under the tab "Triggers" and then click "Add trigger" and "Bitbucket Server repository triggered". Please let me know if this helps.

Saziya Banu March 31, 2018

Thanks. Do I need to have a JIRA instance for enabling the triggers? Or can I do it without JIRA?

Also, can I trigger sonarqube using bitbucket pipelines?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Rüegg _Mibex Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2018

You're very welcome! I was referring to Atlassian Bamboo for enabling the Bitbucket triggers. You don't need JIRA for this. Yes, you can also use Bitbucket pipelines for triggering SonarQube instead of Bamboo.

Saziya Banu March 31, 2018

Thanks Michael. May I know how I can do it using bitbucket pipelines? I would be glad if you could help me with this.

Saziya Banu May 8, 2018

Hi Michael,

Can you please help with the bitbucket pipelines for triggering sonarqube?

Or can you please tell me where do i get sonarHost and sonarProjectKey values to include in sonar.json file as mentioned in this, https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214134/sonar-for-bitbucket-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Thanks in advance

Saziya Banu

sanin116396 July 9, 2019

Hi saziya,

Could you able to solve this issue? I am also looking for integrating bitbucket and sonarqube.

0 votes
Jeffrey_Haskovec April 9, 2020

I know this is an old post, but I hit the same issue and wasn't able to find a good solution. So I wrote up what is working for me. I hope this helps other people who are hitting this as well: https://haskovec.com/running-sonar-from-bitbucket-pipelines-on-your-go-apps/

Olfa Meguedmini June 28, 2020

Thank you @Jeffrey_Haskovec for sharing

0 votes
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2015

Hi Udaya,

You need to download plugin called sonar for bamboo for marketplace

for further documentation on Installation, Configuration, Administration click here

br

Rahul Danwade

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events