how to collect the time taken for development during pull request generation

Developer complete the task by coding and checks in his code to stash. Then he generates pull requests which can automatically update the JIRA workflow status. Now many companies would like to collect the time taken (effort for the development). Now if there is a provision in stash to collect the effort which can be directly updated at JIRA. This way developer doesn't have to manually go and update JIRA.

5 answers

You might want to elaborate on the question a bit.

Elaborated now

Do you want Stash to measure something or do you want to present the user with a place where they can enter a number? (The first one would probably give you bad data, the second one is probably possible on the Jira side of the connection.)

Yes. I'm expecting the second one. If developer has to do that in JIRA. That time, he can update the JIRA workflow as well. The automatic transition (from Stash to JIRA) purpose will be defeated right?

I am not a pro in configuring JIRA transitions based on Stash events.

There are two possibilities:

• It might be possible in the JIRA transition to pop up a question about the time used.
  • On the Stash side, you can write a plugin that listens to an event (not sure which one you will need), asks for the number and writes it into JIRA.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

23,327 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you