Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you remove a folder in stash

grace t June 17, 2015

I have a bin and obj folder set in .gitignore however it was checked-in to begin with. How can I delete that folder in stash? 

Thanks for the help

1 answer

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

You need to clone the repository if you have not done this already, delete the folders and commit+push the change.

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2015

This will delete the file moving forward. There is of course no good way to delete the file's existence in previous commits.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2015

The folder can be deleted from the history with filter-branch http://git-scm.com/docs/git-filter-branch , but I think that is not necessary here (unless it contains a large amount of binary data).

grace t June 23, 2015

cool. thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events