Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i download initial bitbucket server software onto computer?

Laurie Smith August 21, 2017

i'm trying to download the linux version (assuming it will be a zip or tar file) onto my windows computer. will eventually be transferring installer onto linux machine / storage array. all I am seeing is a script on the webpage

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

Hmm.  What link are you following?  When I click "download" on the main download page, I get a download.

i've clicked download after choosing which version i want ( i need Linux) .. it seems to work if i select windows

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

Which one is it?

Capture.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2017

Ok, there's something in your browser blocking the javascript that does the download and redirects you to the next screen.

Try hitting it direct - https://www.atlassian.com/software/stash/downloads/binary/atlassian-bitbucket-5.3.0-x64.bin

It still does not give me a save as option - just the script

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2017

There is no script at that link, it serves up the file to be downloaded.  If you ran wget or curl against that url, it would give you a file.

There is something wrong with your browser, I don't know what.  Maybe if you showed us this script?

Laurie Smith August 24, 2017

my coworker and I figured it out, I chose the tar.gz version - hence Linux zip file. He was getting the same problem when he tried the link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events