Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can we add or give access to different users of different branxhes of same repository?

Guru@9Dev December 26, 2018

I've repository named ASL and i have 2 branches with it-forms ,Reports.

I just want to give access to forms branch only to some user.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2018

Hello,

Adding permissions to branches is a great idea when you’re needing to control who has permissions to what, especially if there are multiple different people accessing the branch. With this said, you will want to use the Branch level permission within Bitbucket. Some things to be aware of with Branch level permissions;

• Branch permissions are based on users or groups, and are actually restrictions, which are checked after project and repository level permissions, and prevent unauthorized pushing to or deleting a branch 
  • They do not prevent branch creation. Branch permissions will only be enforced on updates to existing branches and tags.

To find out more about setting and adjusting branch level permissions, please see Using branch permissions.

If you have no permissions set within the branch, you will need to start with adding branch permissions first and work your way through the permissions from there.

Please let us know if this helps with creating your permissions within your branch and facilities with accomplishing your goals.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events