dkasteli October 18, 2020

Hi,

Is there any mechanism to resume/rerun the paused jobs in the pipeline

1 answer

0 votes
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2020

In case you're referring to manual steps, please find this feature request:

Via: Trigger bitbucket pipeline manual step using API

dkasteli October 20, 2020

Hi,

Not the manual step, I am looking for auto execution on branch commit.

ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2020

Hmm, for me normally on branch commit (and push) the branch pipeline automatically runs for that commit. What am I not seeing here?

Rick Zakharov February 10, 2021

If there are several pushes to a repo, the last pipeline will get paused for us at the deployment stage, if the previous pipeline's deployment is in progress.

Makes total sense to not mess up the deployments. However it's inconvenient to go and manually check all pipelines for successful completion. Especially if there's a large number of pushes.

Like Tomasz Miller likes this
Rick Zakharov February 18, 2021

What if Atlasssian would watch for the deployments and take the very latest one based on the git commits. Deploy that one and discard the other paused deployments?

What do you guys think? Just chiming in :)

Like Tim Chaffin likes this
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2021

Why not schedule a pipeline that just does this via the REST API? I think the trick is to have an automated deployment step (not one that is with the manual flag).

Mark Nelissen July 9, 2021

Actually, like Rick, de deployment IS automatic. But it cannot run concurrently. The current behaviour makes it so that the oldest concurrent commit makes it to the environment, while what you want is de most recent. As such, the pipeline should auto-unpause as soon as the previous deployment is done for the environment, instead of waiting for a manual unpause.

We should be able to enable this kind of behaviour within the settings of bitbucket, without requiring external tooling.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events