Did you mean: 

how can I change the Stash repository directory path to a new place

Rony Sibony February 9, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

You need to change the location of STASH_HOME, as described here.

Rony Sibony February 16, 2015

STASH_HOME it's a path, Can I copy all the sub directories in the path to the new location, restart stash and all the projects will work without any problem?

Rony Sibony February 16, 2015

What I want to do is to put all my Git/Stash projects in a NetApp machine so if something goes wrong with the Stash server I'll be able to move to a standby node. Second I'll be able to backup the projects using NetApp tools to a different location for DR.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

The page I linked to has all the info there is about this topic. It says "Where possible, you should choose a location for your Stash home directory that will never need to be moved. Some home contents are location-sensitive, so moving the home directory may corrupt them. Stash attempts to update contents when it detects that the home directory has moved, but the safest approach is to avoid the issue altogether by leaving the home directory in the same location." On the other hand, we have done this several times and it has never actually caused a problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events