Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hook plugin returns null

Gabby Romano February 11, 2015

hi,

I am using stash 3.6.1 and have a shell script to be triggered as a pre-receive hook via the external hook plugin.

I am getting this message and the push is failing:

Writing objects: 100% (8/8), 670 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 8 (delta 6), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Hook com.ngs.stash.externalhooks.hook.ExternalPreReceiveHook failed. Error:
remote: null
To ssh://git@<server repo url>:7999/hpln/backend.git
! [remote rejected] BudIceEverGreen -> BudIceEverGreen (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git@<server repo url>

any idea what is going on ?

3 answers

0 votes

thanks - I will try.

0 votes

you were right, there is an exception in the logs. I hope this is the right place to ask for help, let me know if not.

2015-02-11 19:17:45,652 WARN [threadpool:thread-5] Access key user (romanog@ROMANOG9) @1QZZ33Kx1157x519x0 95s4cq 16.60.202.173 SSH - gi
t-receive-pack '/hpln/backend.git' c.a.s.i.h.r.PreReceiveRepositoryHookAdapter Receive Hook com.ngs.stash.externalhooks.hook.ExternalPre
ReceiveHook failed.
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at java.lang.ProcessEnvironment.validateValue(ProcessEnvironment.java:119) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
at java.lang.ProcessEnvironment.access$400(ProcessEnvironment.java:61) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
at java.lang.ProcessEnvironment$Value.valueOf(ProcessEnvironment.java:202) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
at java.lang.ProcessEnvironment$StringEnvironment.put(ProcessEnvironment.java:241) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
at java.lang.ProcessEnvironment$StringEnvironment.put(ProcessEnvironment.java:220) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
at com.ngs.stash.externalhooks.hook.ExternalPreReceiveHook.onReceive(ExternalPreReceiveHook.java:81) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.repository.PreReceiveRepositoryHookAdapter$1.visit(PreReceiveRepositoryHookAdapter.java:38)
[stash-service-impl-3.6.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.repository.PreReceiveRepositoryHookAdapter$1.visit(PreReceiveRepositoryHookAdapter.java:33)
[stash-service-impl-3.6.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.repository.DefaultRepositoryHookService$RepositoryHookPagedTransactionCallback.doInTransact
ion(DefaultRepositoryHookService.java:616) [stash-service-impl-3.6.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.repository.DefaultRepositoryHookService$RepositoryHookPagedTransactionCallback.doInTransact
ion(DefaultRepositoryHookService.java:592) [stash-service-impl-3.6.1.jar:na]
at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:133) [spring-tx-4.1.1.RELEASE.ja
r:4.1.1.RELEASE]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.repository.DefaultRepositoryHookService.visitEnabledHooks(DefaultRepositoryHookService.java
:304) [stash-service-impl-3.6.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.plugin.OsgiSafeProxyProvider$1.invoke(OsgiSafeProxyProvider.java:93) [stash-platform-3.6.1.jar:n
a]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.repository.PreReceiveRepositoryHookAdapter.onReceive(PreReceiveRepositoryHookAdapter.java:3
3) [stash-service-impl-3.6.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.DefaultBuiltInHookHandlerFactory$1.handle(DefaultBuiltInHookHandlerFactory.java:43) [stash-
service-impl-3.6.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.DefaultHookService.doHandleRequest(DefaultHookService.java:341) [stash-service-impl-3.6.1.j
ar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.DefaultHookService.handleRequest(DefaultHookService.java:327) [stash-service-impl-3.6.1.jar
:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.DefaultHookService.handleRawRequest(DefaultHookService.java:238) [stash-service-impl-3.6.1.
jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hook.DefaultHookService$2$1.run(DefaultHookService.java:204) [stash-service-impl-3.6.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.concurrent.StateTransferringExecutor$StateTransferringRunnable.run(StateTransferringExecutor.jav
a:69) [stash-platform-3.6.1.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) [na:1.7.0_65]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262) [na:1.7.0_65]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178) [na:1.7
.0_65]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292) [na:1.7.0_65]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [na:1.7.0_65]

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2015

I've added the addon-com.ngs.stash.externalhooks.external-hoo label to your question to bring it to the attention of the plugin developer

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2015

You can also try your luck opening an issue here: https://github.com/ngsru/atlassian-external-hooks/issues

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
February 11, 2015

That means that the hook com.ngs.stash.externalhooks.hook.ExternalPreReceiveHook is running into an exception and failing as a result. Stash then rejects the request to be safe and not let pushes through that shouldn't be accepted.

Looks like a programming error in the hook,. If I'd have to guess, I'd say it ran into a NullPointerException.

I'd check the logs and raise an issue with the plugin developer that provided that hook. In the mean time, I'd disable the repository hook in the repository settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events