Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hg push gives 502 Bad Gateway

sirgru December 8, 2018

When I try to do hg push, I get the error:

searching for changes
abort: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

The commit I have is pretty big (hg says 150MB) but it only makes it through to 70MB progress when I get this error. I don't think this bumps me over the 1GB limit. I think I have had such big commits before and they were going through fine.

I have seen similar topics and it seems it has something to do on Attlassian end.

Please investigate.

2 answers

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2018

Hi!

A 502 error means that either the server can't handle what you are doing, or the network you are on cannot carry it. Can you try pushing using a different network (work, home, library, etc) and let us know what happens? Does the push go through? Are you getting any error?

Best regards,

Ana

sirgru December 11, 2018

I tried making a new test repo and pushing to that, it works. The problematic repo in question still doesn't work.

I cannot try the same problematic push on a different network as I am on a desktop. However, bitbucket pushes have been working for years now with no issues and the network is perfectly stable (optics). 

I suspect the commit size is too big and rejected by the server. 

What can further be done about this issue?

0 votes
Shengyao Chen May 10, 2021

I had a similar issue: I was trying to push thousands of commits and got a 502 error. I can only push like 100 revisions per push to make it work. 

Sadly, there is no clear way to adjust the postBuffer size with mercurial to solve your issue easily. 

Best, SC

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events