Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.gitignore is not ingoring bitbucket-pipelines.yml

dmxd November 26, 2017

I added bitbucket-pipelines.yml line to .gitignore file before creating the actual bitbucket-pipelines.yml file on the remote repo. Yet, when I try to push changes from my local project to the remote, git asks me to pull this file to local project first. So why isn't it being ignored?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi! If the bitbucket-pipelines.yml was not tracked previous to the addition to the .gitignore, it should be completely ignored. Can you share your .gitignore file with us in case we find something wrong?

Cheers!

Ana

dmxd November 27, 2017

Hi. Thank you for the reply. Yes, it was untracked prior to the creation of the file. Here's the contents of my .gitignore file. The same file I have both at local and remote repos:

/database/database.sqlite*
/public/images
/node_modules
/vendor
/.idea
Homestead.json
Homestead.yaml
.env
.env.*
.git-ftp-ignore
sftp-config.json
bitbucket-pipelines.yml
dmxd November 27, 2017

It looks like it is tracked in bitbucket, not in my local repo, because when I delete it from local, there are no changes in git status, but when I try to push other changes to remote, it says that there are mismatch on remote, so I have to pull first, which I think bitbucket tells my local git that there's a mismatch, even though the same .gitignore file containing bitbucket-piplienes.yml entry is located on remote repo as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events