git-upload-pack showing up in atlassian-bitbucket.log

guy moore March 10, 2016

I just upgraded from 4.1.3 to  Bitbucket 4.4.1.

The atlassian-bitbucket.log log file is printing out these lines:

2016-03-10 19:49:40,255 INFO  [NioProcessor-4]  c.a.b.i.s.s.SelfClosingChannelSession Executing command: git-upload-pack '/client/vip.git'

The repository listed is different in each line, well, they repeat and eventually go through the whole list over and over again.

About 197 of these lines per minute.

Is this normal, and what does that line really say that it's doing?

I have noticed that the other type of log file, atlassian-bitbucket-access-*.log, always has had these similar messages being spewed to it.

Seem like somewhere between Bitbucket 4.1.3 and 4.4.1 that it is logging to both types of log files.

Is this expected?

and just to add a bit more data, looking at an atlassian-bitbucket-access-*.log file from 4.1.3, I count from one log file from one day, 574,936, of these messages.

Is that normal/expected?

cat atlassian-bitbucket-access-2016-03-08.*.log | grep git-upload-pack | wc -l

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
guy moore March 18, 2016

I'd like to withdraw my question.

Just getting back to this task of mine, and I only see the "git-upload-pack" messages in the access log, like it always has and now I understand that a lot of these are generated by fisheye, and by bamboo as it detects stash branches and code changes per Bamboo build plan per repository and possibly by our backup server running fisheye and bamboo, etc.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events