Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git clone error: fatal: RPC failed; curl 52 Empty reply from server The remote end hung up unexpectedly

UnitedSupport April 12, 2016

I am suddenly getting this error even when trying a fresh clone.  It happened suddenly with no changes on our end. Any advice?

It seems I am able to push to the remote repo.. but can't fetch, clone, pull... 

2 answers

0 votes
UnitedSupport April 12, 2016

Hello and thanks for the response.

This has been going on for the last few days and not only affects me in United States but also my coder in Poland and my team in the Philippines.

I haven't tried the SSH route yet... but may just to investigate further.

We actually just use BB as a way to keep our software up to date for our team when they run our applications.  We have an updater app that keeps their local copy identical to what is in the repo.  This has worked great for a long time... and suddenly this.  Any change to the fundamental process and we will have to manually update a couple hundred people smile so hoping for another option lol

In order to see if it was our updater app, I tried to just do a fresh clone on a new system and still received the same error.  This was from yet another location in the US.  

We're learning git as we go along here... so not really even sure where to start looking.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Hello!

I've seen similar errors in the past when there's been horribly degraded network performance, or the repo is offline.  The fact that you can push to the repo probably negates that, though.

Have you tried cloning with SSH instead?

SSH with Bitbucket Cloud

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events