getting an Error message while PR merge

Dev January 27, 2022

whenever I am trying to merge the PR in master, getting an error popup saying"Something went wrong while trying to serve your request. Try reloading the page" 

But this message is not blocking anything. PR is getting merged despite this message.

So just an error popup I am getting. 

Any idea How to get rid of this popup?

"

1 answer

1 vote
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2022

Hi, @Dev, welcome to the community! 

The “Something went wrong" message usually comes with a 5xx response that shows a Sentry ID code. This code may give us some indication of what is causing this error message. In this case, could you please follow the next steps to find the Sentry ID the next time you merge a PR, so I can further investigate this issue?

• Open the "Developer tools" in the browser you are using (click on the three dots > More tools > Developer Tools): 

devtools.png

• In "Developer tools", select the Network tab

• Then navigate to the Bitbucket page that gives you this error (in your case, when you merge a PR)
  • Find and select the request that gives a 5xx response

• In the Headers panel (after you select the request with 5xx response), check if there is a field named sentry id.

• If you can provide us with the value of that field, I can look it up in our system for further info.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Dev January 30, 2022

Yes, I tried the above-mentioned steps.  

I got "Failed to load resource, the server responded with a status of 500 () "

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2022

Hi, @Dev

As I couldn’t find a Bitbucket Cloud account linked to the email you used to create your question, I would like to confirm if your repo is hosted in Bitbucket Cloud (https://bitbucket.org/) or Bitbucket server (self-hosted instance).

If it is Bitbucket Cloud, could you please leave a reply to this question using the account that has the same email as your Bitbucket Cloud account (so we can check our logs)? 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Dev February 4, 2022

I am using Bitbucket instance in private infrastructure. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events