Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

false fetch origin and false push

Robert McCarthy February 10, 2015
Hello,
I've been unable to push or pull to SourceTree for the past day. I know our organization has experienced Stash issues in the past 24 hours, but do the below errors point to a problem on my end? 
Thank you for any help you can provide. Here are the error messages.
(1)
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch origin
Completed with errors, see above.
(2)
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags origin master:master
fatal: unable to access 'https://UMCCARO@devops-tools.pearson.com/stash/scm/popa/isd10968-g10-ela-pba-sp15_online.git/': The requested URL returned error: 504
Completed with errors, see above.

4 answers

0 votes
Anurag Prakash February 10, 2015

For SSH, you can select SSH url if it is enabled for Stash Instance.

1. Go to repository ->clone -> you will see HTTP and SSH option when you click drop down button (if SSH is enabled).
  2. Copy the SSH URL (something like "ssh://<IP>:7999/<projectkey>reponame.git"
  3. use this url for cloning
    example: git clone ssh://<IP>:7999/<projectkey>reponame.git
  4. You need to add your public ssh key in the Stash repository or Project with (Read or Write access)

Please note: SSH will work only if there is connectivity between you machine and stash server

0 votes
Anurag Prakash February 10, 2015

Based on 504 error code, I think there is connectivity issue. Server is down.

Please refer to below link for error detail.

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E504.html

Please check with your stash administrator, if there are able to connect to the server.

0 votes
Robert McCarthy February 10, 2015

I'd love to try. Are their instructions anywhere how to do so?

Thanks for the reply!

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2015

First, you need to upload your SSH public key to Stash. In the Stash web UI, click your user icon in the top right corner, then Manage Account. Choose SSH keys and upload your public key. Now go to your repository in Stash and copy the SSH clone URL (click Clone from the menu on the left) Finally, on the command line do the following: git remote add origin-ssh <the-ssh-clone-url> then push by doing git push origin-ssh <the-branch-you-want-to-push>

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2015

Hi, 

From the error code (HTTP 504) it looks like the Stash server is temporarily overloaded - the request times out. Atlassian support is working on the issue and is trying to get to the bottom of the problem. For now, can you try switching to SSH and push?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events