failed to install bitbucket 5.6.1

Frederik Nygart December 13, 2017

I have tried to follow the guide provided on how to setup bitbucket as a windows service. I can run it locally after the setup however it cannot be accessed from outside. 

Therefore, after the initial setup, i continued following this guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/running-bitbucket-server-as-a-windows-service-776640048.html. I have set the requested environment variables and tried installing the bat file, but with the following output as a result.

C:\Atlassian\Bitbucket\5.6.1\bin>service.bat install
Installing the 'AtlassianBitbucket' service ...
Using BITBUCKET_HOME: "C:\Atlassian\ApplicationData\Bitbucket"
Using INST_DIR: "C:\Atlassian\Bitbucket\5.6.1"
Using EXECUTABLE: "C:\Atlassian\Bitbucket\5.6.1\bin\bserv64.exe"
Using JRE_HOME: "C:\Progra~1\Java\jre-9.0.1"
Using JVM: "C:\Progra~1\Java\jre-9.0.1\bin\server\jvm.dll"
Failed installing 'AtlassianBitbucket' service

This does not match the example given in the guide, so i guess the program has been updated since then.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2017

Hi Frederik,

Bitbucket Server by default is configured as a Windows Service, so there shouldn't be a need to set it as such (unless you specifically chose not to configure it as a service during the installation).

If you can access Bitbucket Server locally but not from outside, then most likely there's a firewall in place that's blocking access to port 7990 (Bitbucket Server's default port), so you should look at that.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Frederik Nygart December 13, 2017

I needed to add the program to the list accepted by the firewall! Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events