Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external database

Anoop Bansal September 14, 2014

How do i manually configure external Database for Stash. I cant use DB wizard on the stage and prod database. Did not find the documentation around this.

2 answers

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2014

Hi Anoop,

I think I get you. If you configured your sandbox environment just fine using the UI, you can:

• Of course, take a backup of your instances (PROD and STAGING) before applying these changes. Refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Using+the+Stash+Backup+Client for details on how to backup your instance.
  • I recommend you test the database connection from your vendor external database application connection tool before applying that to Stash. Make sure you can connect to your PROD and STAGING databases first.
  • Connect to your sandbox and retrieve the following configuration:

$ cat $STASH_HOME/shared/stash-config.properties

If you are in a version prior to Stash 3.2, please use the following path instead:

$ cat $STASH_HOME/stash-config.properties
  • Look into the following parameters that have been automatically configured by Stash when you used the wizard in the UI:

jdbc.driver=
    jdbc.url=
    jdbc.user=
    jdbc.password=
  • These parameters are documented here:
  • On your STAGE environment replicate the configuration below:
    • Stop your instance
    • If there the $STASH_HOME/shared/stash-config.properties doesn't exist, create one.
    • Configure with the same jdbc.driver value as the one seen above. Change the jdbc.url, jdbc.user and jdbc.password according to the database you've created for your STAGE environment
    • Start your instance

Let me know if this information helped you!

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian Support - DevTools

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2014

Hi Anoop,

The documentation below plus using the wizard should be enough to help you configure Stash with an external database. No manual intervention is required:

Connecting Stash to an external database

Which kind of error are you getting?

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian Support - DevTools

Anoop Bansal September 15, 2014

HI Thiago,

On the sandbox env, i was able to configure external DB(oracle) just fine. All is good. However, for STAGE and PROD i wont have access to database directly hence the wizard for configuring external DB wont work from Stash admin screen.

What is the alternate way, that DBAs can take to create required user with all the required objects that we would connect from STASH.

ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
September 16, 2014

Anoop, thanks for clarifying. I wrote a new answer to you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events