email confirmation for teams.bitbucket.org

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Hi,

As i have created a bitbucket team account through atalassian account.

Now, By login to bitbucket account, it shows me below error message:

"This account has an unconfirmed email address. If you haven't received a confirmation, visit the email page to resend it."

In email notification screen shows me email as below:

"TeamName@teams.bitbucket.org"

Query: At where, i can do confirm the email address . I don't have any email account having domain as "teams.bitbucket.org". Does it my bitbucket.org team account email ID ??

Please let me know, at where i have received this email.

Thank You.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2012

This email address is a placeholder that is placed temporarily until you take ownership of the team. It is not connected to any real email account. You'll want to change this to an email account unique from your individual user account. This way the team can get notifications to a shared inbox and you'll be able to reset the team password as you'd like. This can be done from the Manage Account menu item under your profile image in the upper right of any page on Bitbucket.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Thanks for your comments.

Does it mean, I should have to create one new team email account which can be accessible by whole team. ?

And, all commit messages/notifications would come to that team account?

Is it not possible to share the commit messages notification to whole team memebers individual email account instead of team account. ?

(presently, I am not able to give my own email address which i used in my individual account, shows error as , already existed.)

Thank You.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2012

Please also let me know, what is the actual use of that team email account.

As right now, I need that email account to confirm email address as, it shows me below error message while open the team account and in actual, there is no such email address have.

"This account has an unconfirmed email address. If you haven't received a confirmation, visit the email page to resend it."

Thank you.

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2012

Git and Mercurial use your local configuration of the username and password to determine who commits are logged for. This is completely unrelated to your login and access on Bitbucket. This is also different from what you may be used to if you are coming from an older VCS like subversion. For more information, check out our documentation explaining this.

As for the team email, as I said previously, the teams.bitbucket.org email address is a fake and cannot be used. You can remove it and remove this message. You should put a unique email address for this account instead. This could be a distribution list or any other unique account. You'll need this account to have an email should you need to log in as the team. Otherwise, no one should be using the team account directly, and instead have their own individual account with access setup through the groups.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events