download my repository from bitbucket to my laptop

Fab Dr May 1, 2013

Hi

a few weeks ago i got a software problem on my laptop and i lost all documents on my laptop.

now i want to download my repository (mercurial) from Bitbucket, so i can still use/open him on netbeans on my laptop.

Is this possible?

what do i need to do?

what is the easiest way to do that? i'm afraid to do something on my repository on bitbucket, because i don't wanna lose my code.

Thx 4 helping!!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Hi Fab,

You just need to clone your repository using a Mercurial Client. What client are you using?

If you are using Tortoise Hg

1. Create a folder on your local computer

2. Right click and select Tortoise HG -> Clone

3. Provide the URL of your repository as source

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013
Fab Dr May 7, 2013

ok thx, it works!!

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Please accept the answer if it worked so it will help others if they face the same issue :)

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Hey Fab,

You need to comment if you are not answering a question. Look for the comment option.

To mark an answer complete, just click on the tick mark you see below the vote-up and vote-down option.

Fab Dr May 7, 2013

.... where can i find that option to accept the answer? ... (sorry, first time i post on this forum and i don't find it)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events