does Bitbucket support the use of a compound email address in the git config user.email?

We use the pivotal_git_scripts (https://github.com/pivotal/git_scripts) gem along with a .pairs file to set up a pairing session.

This modifies the git config so that the user.email value is a compound email address. It would also be possible to do this from the command line as follows:

git config --global user.email "dev.one+dev.two@example.com"

Bitbucket doesn't seem to be able to resolve this compound email address to the individual contributors.

Is there a known solution for this? Aliases don't seem to solve it ...

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Ian, I'm afraid that's not supported in Bitbucket, as that feature you shared was built mainly to work with Github. 

If you'd like to have this in Bitbucket as well, you can submit a Feature request at jira.atlassian.com.
Hope that helps!
Ana

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

24,336 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you