Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do i licences for both Bitbucket Server and Bitbucket Datacenter for a clustered deployment?

JD Williams August 16, 2016

I am evaluating the purchase and trying to find out which products I would need to buy for the clustered deployment.

According to the website, both items appear to be the same price per user.

1 answer

0 votes
G__Sylvie_Davies__bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

You need "Datacenter" for clustered deployments. The "Datacenter" price is a per-year price, whereas the "Server" license entitles you to perpetual use of the product (but free updates would stop after 1 year, and so you would be stuck on the final version after the end of that year).

As the Bitbucket "Server Pricing FAQ" says:

Bitbucket Server has a perpetual license while Data Center has an annual term license. See the Data Center purchasing FAQ for more information.

Based on a quick look in my.atlassian.com at my own licenses, I see that "renew" pricing for the "Server" product appears to currently be half the initial price (e.g., so a 500-user "Server" license is initially $16,000, and extending the maintenance period an additional year is half that, $8,000).  Whereas for "Datacenter" you would need to pay the full $16,000 every year to keep the license active.

But I imagine Atlassian reserves the right to change the renewal pricing at any time, and so I wouldn't bank on "Server" 1-year maintenance renewals always being half the full initial price.

p.s. I'm the author of a Bitbucket Server add-on: Bit-Booster Commit Graph And More.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events