Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default email domain for stash (getting error during merge attempt)

gkspranger March 3, 2015

hola,

so i have setup stash to connect to our LDAP .. then i had some of our leads test it out, and during their testing they found this error message:

image2015-3-3 12:58:26.png

long story short, stash cannot email the merger because their email address cannot be found, and so therefore kicks an error message .. basically, we do NOT record email in our LDAP, and so i was hoping to either find:

1) a way to define the default domain (example.com) when needing to send an email, since i can use their UID to determine what their email address is

OR

2) a workaround .. something that allows us to continue to use LDAP and not throws errors when attempting to merge

i looked all up and down in the configs for something obvious and did not find, and scowered the intertubes and still was unable to find something of value .. any help you can give is super appreciated ..

thanks !!

1 answer

1 vote
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2015

Hi Gregory,

The email is mandatory field for a user in Stash. You will have to have email assigned to each one of your users so Stash can function.

That being said, the currently available ways to do it are:

• You have it in your LDAP records and you map the correct field so Stash will know each one of the emails. If you connected to an existing LDAP directory as stated on this document, you won't be able to edit users that have been sourced from LDAP.
  • You configure Stash as Internal Delegated LDAP. This way you'd be able to modify the user record sourced from LDAP and add the email address for each one of them manually as in this modality Stash keeps the users retrieved from LDAP in an internal database.

Let us know if that's helpful.

Best,
Thiago

gkspranger March 4, 2015

informative answer and thank you for taking the time to provide some options .. maybe this will be an "feature" in the future -- or maybe we just need to catch up with the times ;-) thanks again !!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events