corrupted repository that breack back up procedure

Pierre Zurmely April 6, 2014

Hello,

In my stash-home/data/repositories, I have a repository (1396) that contains only refs and no others items. It is clearly not a repository.

to be precise, there is only one ref:

refs/heads/feature/07580037???05272829???DB

and 07580037???05272829???DB is a file containing a sha1.

Since this file has been created, my back up procedure in place since Stash 2.9, using the jar file you provide and describe in the back up stash documentation page, doesn't work. The back up procedure has an issue with this object.

Error message is:

com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.client.BackupException: Some files and/or directories could not be read in Stash home. Please change their permissions to make them readable by the user running the backup client or exclude them from thebackup using the stash.home.excludes property and retry. The following files and/or directories could not be read:

/farequote/stash/stash-home/data/repositories/1396/refs/heads/feature/07580037??

?05272829???DB

Could you help me saying how can I delete this object from stash properly without putting at risk my others repos?

I have excluded the repo 1396 from my back up using stash.home.excludes option, but I do not know what to do with this item. 1396 is not referenced as a repository in the repositories table.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pierre Zurmely May 11, 2014

The issue came from fork created with UTF-16 characters. The fork was deleted, but it could happen that it remains in the /data folder. Manual deletion fix the issue.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hi Pierre,

Sorry for the delay. Sounds like you sorted the issue. If you get stuck again feel free to raise a support ticket.

https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events