Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clone a wiki from an existing repository and pushing it to a new repository

amphos21_src July 28, 2017

Dear all,

I have a question. I need to repeat a wiki for several repositories ( all mercurial) . If I clone the wiki from one repository and try to copy all the *.rst files to the new repository and then do a commit, then all the hyperlinks and images in my wiki is corrupted.

Also if I try to clone the existing wiki to push it to the new repository´s wiki (a wiki is a mercurial repository itself), then I get the error :

abort: repository is unrelated.

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you very much for your response,

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2017

Hi Hedieh, I've tried reproducing this and I was able to copy the files from one of the wikis to another one, then push them with no issues. 

Keep in mind that you won't be able to copy the full wiki repository directory including the .hg and push it to the other wiki, as the other wiki is also a repository by itself and contains another .hg which will conflict. For more information on how Mercurial stores its internal data structures you can read Mercurial repository.

You mentioned in your message that your wiki got corrupted, where are the hyperlinks and images pointing to?

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events