change user permissions

Mark Ruedy April 1, 2015

When I login and try to change another users permissions, I select Users-> the user I am interested in-> the 'change permissions' link. But the screen that I come to lists only my own account, and not the the user I want to change.

Am I doing something wrong here?

BTW, the link for Change Permissions is like this with no argument.  I would expect the username of the person I want to change to be in there somewhere:

https://server:8443/admin/permissions

2 answers

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

The /admin/permissions page is the "Global Permissions" admin page. This is where you can set which people/groups have access to Stash. When it loads, you see the current situation. If you want this user to have access, add them to the user list on the top or one of their groups on the bottom.

0 votes
Mark Ruedy April 2, 2015

Seems confusing, but ok, I guess I understand now.  But when I change permissions on a user in the 'Global Permissions' admin page, removing the 'System Admin' right, why does the users 'users/view' page still say 'SYS. ADMIN' ?

Thanks

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2015

This should be a comment on Balazs's answer...

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2015

Have you tried to a reload in your browser? I find I have to do this in order to see the update after adding a user to a group to change them from UNLICENSED to STASH USER.

Mark Ruedy April 2, 2015

Yes, I have even logged out and in again and even tried a different browser. The user does not have the 'System Admin' box checked in Global Permissions, yet on the users users/view page the blue box shows 'SYS. ADMIN'

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events