Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change path to repositorys?

Wolfgang Grudda June 18, 2015

Where can I change the path to the repositorys and so on?

I will save these data on a NAS.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2015

You need to move the whole STASH_HOME folder, you cannot move the repo data only.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2015

N.B. Since Stash accesses this folder quite heavily, there is a potentially big performance impack of moving this to a non-local disk. Consider adding more local disk space instead of moving the home folder.

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2015

Hi Wolfgang,

Unfortunately there is no way to change the path where Stash store repositories internally and we do not intend to provide this functionality for technical reasons. You should be aware, though, that you can locate the repositories path on disk if you browse through the "Repository Settings" on Stash UI. This issue has been raised in the past and our development team has replied to it:

• https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-5400: I like to have all my data (and therefore also repositories) in a standard location so that I don't have to remember location for each type of data on the server separately. FishEye was easy to set to the location of my SVN repositories. I just learned from your support that the same is not currently possible for GIT repositories in Stash. I'm sure that such possibility would be appreciated by many users and system administrators.

As opposed to FishEye which only works with external repositories in Stash we not only access the repositories but actively manage them (e.g. create the repo, change config settings, modify files). The built in assumption is that Stash owns the repositories compared to FishEye where the built in assumption is that something else owns the repositories and FishEye only access them in a read-only fashion. 
We expect a certain directory layout to be followed (as outlined on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+home+directory) and encourage users to not move the home directory if possible. The reason for that is that there are absolute paths being used when repositories are forked and moving the repositories requires us to rewrite those paths.
For Stash Data Center we also require the repositories to be available on a network mount in addition to other directories that are in the shared sub directory.
We are therefore not considering making the path the the repositories configurable. 
As a workaround you could create a symlink to STASH_HOME/shared/data to make the repositories available.

Hope this helps.

Having STASH_HOME in a NFS is ok, but you have to make sure that this is very well tuned. Stash is I/O intensive in the way it does caching and a badly tuned NFS could cause bad performance issues and weird bahaviour.

I hope you understand.

Best,
Thiago

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events