Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we restrict admin user accessing particular repository in bitbucker.

jagdishshripati June 15, 2017

One of the project requirement is to restrict admin user as well from access repository.

For example, let say, I have created abc repository and I dont want to provide any access to admin user for it, so that admin user cannot even have read access to abc repository. 

Is there any way to achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

Hi Jagdish, in Bitbucket you can grant permissions on a 'per repository' basis. If you don't want your admin to access certain repositories you can just remove him from that repository or group.

If you're using Bitbucket Server, you can read more ar Using repository permissions.

If you're using Bitbucket Cloud, you can read Repository privacy permissions.

Hope this helps!

Ana

jagdishshripati June 19, 2017

To be more specific, I would like to restrict read access as well to admin user, so that admin user cannot view the repository/project as well.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

Hi Jagdish, does that person need to be part of the team? If you still want him to be part of the team but with no access to the repositories or projects, you can revoke his permissions or remove him from the admin team, as explained in the articles I linked above.

Let me know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events