can pull requests trigger email to team without entering names as reviewers?

john b August 19, 2013

I can enter the email address of reviewers, which is an unnecessary step. When a PR is opened for a repo that my team owns, I want everyone on my team to get the email of the PR being opened. All team members have admin / write access, if that matters. (I'm pretty sure GH handles PR this way.)

1 answer

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Hi John,

Unfortunately we don't have anything that will allow you to do this out-of-the box. Some suggestions that might help:

• If you have a license to spare you could create a dummy user with a team email address that you could add to each review and which would email everyone.
  • You could easily create a fairly simple plugin in Stash that would email a hard-coded address. The event you might be interested in is PullRequestOpenEvent and MailService.
  • Finally, feel free to raise a issue so that we can track public interest in the feature

Let me know if you need more information or if I can lend a hand with writing the plugin.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events