Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbucket version

Deleted user October 6, 2016

How do I find the version of my Bitbucket server? 

4 answers

2 votes
G__Sylvie_Davies__bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2016

Jeff Thomas's answer is correct (a.k.a. "the bottom of every page").  If you have admin privileges on your Bitbucket Server instance you can also get detailed version information in the Administration area:

Click on "Administration" (top right corner, a little gear icon).

And then in the left menu, at the very bottom, under "Support", click on "Support Tools."

And then click on the "System Information" tab.  You should see something like this:

Base URL: http://vm.bit-booster.com/Bitbucket

Build Number: 4007001

Build Timestamp: Tue Jun 14 04:28:14 EDT 2016

Build Version: 4.7.1

p.s.  I invite you to try my Bitbucket and JIRA add-ons.  Bit-Booster Commit Graph and More (for Bitbucket), and Git Graph for JIRA.

박홍종 January 21, 2019

I've been looking for version for a long time. Thank you.

Ashwin August 27, 2019

I too am unable to find the Bitbucket version anywhere. I am using cloud instance. Should I assume it is always latest?

If so, then I don't see the options mentioned in the documentation for Project settings.

Any help is appreciated.

1 vote
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2016

The version can be found in the footer of the web application. For example, I'm running Bitbucket Server 4.9.1:

Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 11.42.18 AM.png

runsun September 10, 2018

Where do I find the footer? I don't even have one. 

Like # people like this
sjpickup January 28, 2019

I don't have a footer either, but if you go to Help/Online Help via my web application interface, it links to (presumably) the correct version.

Like Surya likes this
0 votes
Archana Mora April 14, 2021

Bitbucket Cloud ? 

How should I view the version for Bitbucket Cloud ?

0 votes
niels_andersen January 28, 2020

the footer is on the projects page among others <bitbucket url>/projects

I need to be able to get the information in a programmatic way, I.E. before running an upgrade. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events