bitbucket smart mirroring pricing

Deleted user March 27, 2019

Can you please tell me that if I am a premium member of bitbucket so that I am having smart mirroring feature available for my account. At the time of using smart mirroring feature what will be the pricing for bitbucket 4.2.0 installation wizard? will it be free as I am a premium member or should I pay any price to use it? 

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2019

Hi Prathamesh, welcome to the Community.

I've checked your Bitbucket Cloud account and I can see you're a Free user, so the smart mirroring feature is not available for you. If you'd like to have it, you'll need to upgrade your account and the pricing will go as explained here.

When you mention "bitbucket 4.2.0 installation wizard", are you referring to Bitbucket Server? In that case, the price will be the same as if you didn't have the smart mirroring enabled in Bitbucket Cloud. You can download it for free from our Archive, and you can obtain a license following this link. 

Regarding your choice, the version 4.2 is quite old, it came out more than 3 years ago. Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to use a recent one? We always encourage you to be up-to-date to take advantage of all security fixes and new implementations, and to make sure things will keep working as expected. 

Hope that helps,

Ana

Deleted user March 31, 2019

Hi Ana,

Thanks for your help and support. But I am still having some doubts about the pricing mentioned in the following points:-

1) I am a user of  one of the team in bitbucket and that team is having premium account. So will I get the smart mirroring feature by default if I am a part of the premium team?

2) should I pay for the Bitbucket Server any cost or it is free as my team is having premium account mentioned on the link https://www.atlassian.com/software/bitbucket/download ?? what will be the benefits if I my team is a premium team?

3) which is the latest version available for bitbucket server? should I buy bitbucket server for using mirroring feature or it will be available free for premium acoount?

is there any other way to use this feature instead of downloading bitbucket server ?

4) what is difference between account upgradation with team and with whole account?

what features will the users will get by using both these options?

If team is having premium account then all the users can get facilty of smart mirroring feature or should we upgrade our account as well?

Thanks & Regards,

Prathamesh Bhoir

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2019

Hi Prathamesh,

1) You will get the benefits from the Premium account as far as what you're doing concerns the team:

• Team Level: The premium features will/can be utilized within the scope of the team account. Ex: The team owned repositories and the branches for those repositories
  • Individual Level: This is strictly within the user's repositories and the members he invites.

Note that adding a user to a Premium Team account doesn’t enable him to access these benefits at an Individual Level. If a user wants to do so, then the individual account needs to be upgraded to premium

2) Having Bitbucket Cloud Premium won't have any effect on the price of Bitbucket Server. As a Premium team, the benefits are listed in the page Bitbucket Cloud pricing. The benefits do not include discounts on any other products.

3) You need Server to use the mirroring feature. You can buy it (which will offer you a full year of Support access and the latest updates), or you can download a free copy from our archive (in this case you won't have access to our Support portal and won't get the latest updates, but you can still make use of our Community for your questions).

4) I'm not sure I understand the part regarding the upgrade. The rest of this question has been answered in 1) and 2).

Hope this answers all your questions, Prathamesh.

Have a good day,

Ana

Deleted user April 2, 2019

Hi Ana,

For the 4th question can we arrange the conference call for more clarification as I am a premium team user ?

And should we upgrade individual account or is there any option to upgrade all the users within team directly?

Thanks & Reagards,

Prathamesh

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2019

Hi Prathamesh,

Upgrading all the accounts at once won't be possible, they'll need to be upgraded individually. Is there a reason why they'll need to upgrade their individual accounts too? As I mentioned, if they belong to a Premium team they'll already be able to make sure of the Premium features for all the repositories and contents that belong to the team. Do they need Premium features upside the team scope?

Let us know!

Ana

Deleted user April 3, 2019

Hi Ana,

Can I get a call support for specific issues? So that I can get more clarity about all the doubts I am having.

Thanks & Regards,

Prathamesh

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2019

Hi Prathamesh,

We prefer to keep things in the Community so other users can also benefit from the information being shared here. 

If you tell us what your questions are, we'll be more than happy to answer them for you :)

Regards,

Ana

Deleted user April 4, 2019

Hi Ana,

according to our conversation, If we want to use mirroring feature so we have to upgrade our individual account? team upgraded account will not work right?

Suppose if there are 10 users in a premium team so if all want to use mirroring feature facility then all 10 users account should be upgraded to premium account?

Thanks & Regards,

Prathamesh Bhoir

Deleted user April 11, 2019

Hi Ana,

Waiting for your reply

Thanks & Regards,

Prathamesh

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2019

Hi Prathamesh,

As I explained in my previous reply, if the repositories you want to mirror are part of the team, and the users that need to work on them are part of the team, then upgrading just the team will suffice. 

So if you have a Premium Team with 10 members, all of those members will be able to use the Premium features for activities that concern the team. If any of those users wants to use the Premium features for a repository that belongs only to his individual account (not the Team), then this user will need to upgrade his individual account to Premium, too.

Hope this clarifies!

Let us know if you have any other questions,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events