bitbucket shows my team name instead of my name in the dashboard?

admin November 15, 2012

When I login to bitbucket every action I make, like creating a repo or approving, commenting on a commit carries my team name rather than my name. Is this normal behavior?

4 answers

2 votes
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2012

There are a couple of things you should check/know:

• Bitbucket matches the email you configured locally when you setup Git/Mercurial with the email address associated with the account name on Bitbucket. Check your local configuration to ensure this is configured properly.
  • If you log in to the Bitbucket website using an email address, you may want to be sure you aren't logging in as your team instead of your regular user. Again, this is related to which email addresses you have configured on your specific accounts.

codenamegary November 20, 2012

Thanks! I did some trickery and moved my email address to my personal account and all is well.

0 votes
admin November 25, 2012

this requires me to have a separate email id for the team login and my user login. It will be convenent to have the same email id for both.

0 votes
codenamegary November 15, 2012

Same problem here, a bit more detail....

- I initially had my SSH key associated with my team account, before I had converted to a team

- Shortly after I converted to a team and moved my SSH key over to my personal account.

- Now every time I commit, even though my key is associated with my personal account, it shows up as comming from my team

0 votes
codenamegary November 15, 2012

Same problem here, a bit more detail....

- I initially had my SSH key associated with my team account, before I had converted to a team

- Shortly after I converted to a team account, I moved my SSH key over to my personal account.

- Now every time I commit, even though my key is associated with my personal account, it shows up as comming from my team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events