bitbucket repository

Sahar Msaed December 24, 2014

Hello,

I'm beginning in using bitbucket
I want to know how to have the following directory structure
https://bitbucket.com/username/repository.git

where the repository is itself the eclipse project , i do not want to have the structure : a repository that contains the eclipse project. see please the image.Capture.PNG

I want to have directly the source code under the repository called TeleTPBundle.

thank for your help!

4 answers

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2014

Hello, Sahar!

The issue you reported cannot actually be resolved through Bitbucket itself, but by recreating your .git repository. As you are using Eclipse, the best way to do that is to create a new repository inside Eclipse. Please follow the instructions below in order to create a new repository and have it as the root of the project.

warning IMPORTANT: Be sure to have a backup of your project! You never know what can happen...

1. If you already have a repository for your project, delete it and disconnect your Eclipse project from it;
  2. Right-click your Eclipse project and go to "Team>Share project..."
  3. Select "Git" as the type;
  4. Then, on the page for creating a repository, check the box that says "Use or create repository in parent folder of project" and click on "Create Repository"; Screenshot 2014-12-26 14.59.38.jpg
  5. Then, just commit and push it to your Bitbucket's URI and you'll have the root of your project on the root of the repository;

If you have any additional doubts or face any trouble on the procedure indicated above, just respond to this answer.

Regards,

João

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2014

I assume you are using Eclipse as your Git client? It may not allow you to move the "root" or your repository into the TeleTPBundle folder. If you use a different git client, you should be able to go inside that folder, and initiate a git repository there (git init). You would have to delete the existing .git folder first.

0 votes
Sahar Msaed December 24, 2014

i created first a repository called TeleTPBundle, then I created an eclipse project and i commit and push it locally then remotely and i got that result. However, i want to have the source code directly under the repository and not to have repository/project/source_code

and i cannot give the url https://bitbucket.com/username because it's necessary to give the url https://bitbucket.com/username/repository.git 

Can you help me and tell me how to do?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2014

What you want to do can definitely be done, but it will be easiest if you start over. How did you get your source on Bitbucket? Did you upload it directly? Did you push a local repository? If you have a local repository, what client are you using?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events