bitbucket repositories

amphos21_src November 27, 2015

Hello,

I need to setup group access right to repositories. I would like to set permissions for groups as I do not want to set rights per user.  I only way I see to so this is by Bitbucket team.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/create-a-bitbucket-cloud-team-589366559.html

So I have two approaches :

1. Approach one is to create a team and create a repository for the team. This repository will be shown when you go to the team homepage.

2. Second approach is to create a repository and a team separately. Then, we do not create a repository for the team. We only go to the repository settings and then give access to the team ( usually some groups of the team) to the repository. If you go to the team page in this case,  there are no repositories shown for the team.

Both of the above can work for me, but I was wondering if any of the approaches has any advantages over the other ?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2015

Can you provide screenshots here? I am confused on what do you actually mean by "set up a team" in Bitbucket server

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events