Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbucket password are not working

Subham Kr Gupta December 17, 2021

i just create bitbucket account with Gmail then i create repository then git push -u origin master command use then i type my password but showing password invalid.

how is it possible i'm so confused now i have logout it then i try to login then showing login failed your username or password invalid 

how is it possible ????? 

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Subham Kr Gupta and welcome to the community.

We are deprecating Atlassian account password for Bitbucket API and Git activity:

I am quoting from the blog post:

Starting Sep 13, 2021, new Bitbucket users will not be able to use their personal Atlassian account password when using Basic authentication with the Bitbucket API or Git over HTTPS. They will need to use Bitbucket app passwords.

Bitbucket users who created an Atlassian account before September 13, 2021 will be able to use their Atlassian account password to authenticate with the Bitbucket API or Git until March 1, 2022.

You can create an app password using the instructions in the doc below and use that for authentication when cloning/pushing to repositories:

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Subham December 20, 2021

Hello sir/madam,

i seen there is a bug. when anyone create account or new login with gmail or else then password not working.

after login it will be logout it and reset the password then you can login.

there is bug....

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

Hi @subham gupta,

I'm afraid I haven't been able to reproduce this issue.

Could you please let me know:
- When you signed up for the Bitbucket account, did you select "Continue with Google"?
- When you say the password is not working, do you mean that it is not working when attempting to log in to the website?

Please note that when you sign up for a Bitbucket Cloud account using "Continue with Google", you are not asked to set a password for Bitbucket. Your Google account password will not work for email/password login to the website, it will only work if you log in with Google.

If you signed up using "Continue with Google", then you indeed need to request a password reset email to set a password, since no password was set during sign up.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events