bitbucket lost sql server settings

Julio Uribe March 6, 2017

My Bitbucket (v4.12) just lost sql server settings it appears as Database Type Internal. I already check my SQL Server and its working normally. (SQL Server 2012)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2017

That sounds like Bitbucket did not find the database settings in your bitbucket.properties configuration file. A number of things could be wrong:

• BITBUCKET_HOME/shared/bitbucket.properties does not exist or cannot be read by the server process
  • Someone has edited bitbucket.properties and removed the database settings from it.
  • The Bitbucket process has started with a different BITBUCKET_HOME configuration.

If you get stuck, please open a support request at https://support.atlassian.com

0 votes
Julio Uribe March 7, 2017

Thank you Michael Heemskerk, your answer helped me a lot. I workaround the problem doing the next steps:

1.- The file bitbucket.properties doesn't have Atlassian Bitbucket Windows User Permissions. So I added Read/Write permissions with this user to properties file.

2.- Add a new SQL Server "Bitbucket_New"

3.- Migrate to "Bitbucket_New"

4.- Stop Bitbucket Service

5.- Rename "Bitbucket_New" as "Bitbucket_To_Detele"

6.- Rename original Bitbucket SQL Serve database as "Bitbucket_New"

7.- Start Bitbuckt Service

and Presto! everything is up and running

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events