bitbucket lost sql server settings

My Bitbucket (v4.12) just lost sql server settings it appears as Database Type Internal. I already check my SQL Server and its working normally. (SQL Server 2012)

2 answers

0 votes

That sounds like Bitbucket did not find the database settings in your bitbucket.properties configuration file. A number of things could be wrong:

• BITBUCKET_HOME/shared/bitbucket.properties does not exist or cannot be read by the server process
  • Someone has edited bitbucket.properties and removed the database settings from it.
  • The Bitbucket process has started with a different BITBUCKET_HOME configuration.

If you get stuck, please open a support request at https://support.atlassian.com

Thank you Michael Heemskerk, your answer helped me a lot. I workaround the problem doing the next steps:

1.- The file bitbucket.properties doesn't have Atlassian Bitbucket Windows User Permissions. So I added Read/Write permissions with this user to properties file.

2.- Add a new SQL Server "Bitbucket_New"

3.- Migrate to "Bitbucket_New"

4.- Stop Bitbucket Service

5.- Rename "Bitbucket_New" as "Bitbucket_To_Detele"

6.- Rename original Bitbucket SQL Serve database as "Bitbucket_New"

7.- Start Bitbuckt Service

and Presto! everything is up and running

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

676 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot