Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbucket installation

Vcitor May 21, 2016

Hi, Our company is about to migrate, from sourcesafe to Bitbucket GIT. so we would like to test before purchasing the license version. can anyone share the installation guide step by step, how to install Bitbucket in windows and GIT in Linux. We need to get authentication from AD - it is possible any of Atlassian products? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2016

Start with https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/running-the-bitbucket-server-installer-776640183.html for Bitbucket

For git, you'd use <package manager> install git.  It depends on your Unix version, but these cover a lot:

• emerge dev-vcs/git
  • apt-get install git
  • dnf install git
  • pkg_add git
  • yum install git

All the Atlassian products can use AD for user lists and authentication.
Vcitor June 6, 2016

Hi Nic - Thanks for your reply. Can i have any videos how to install it? and let me know the ports open Linux servers and Bitbucket client (Windows)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2016

Videos?  Why?  Just follow the instructions - a video of someone following the instructions won't tell you anything (and you could easily miss stuff out)

Vcitor June 6, 2016

Thanks Nic, But im purely from windows environment which we are using MS Source safe currently. our company decided to go GIT and Bitbucket in Linux. So we need to install GIT and Bitbucket in same server ? or need to install two different servers? please guide me.

Also please let me know the ports used by Bitbucket?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2016

It's the same answer - follow the instructions in the install guide I already gave you.  I can't add to that, it steps you through everything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events