bitbucket how to revert a commit?

Misha chandan May 13, 2015

bitbucket how to revert a commit? 

is there any button on bitbucket web application. I avoid using git commands.

4 answers

0 votes
Jinnah Ali-Clarke September 6, 2021

This has > 1k views so I'm going to necro this topic and say that this is actually a *bad* idea.  If you want to revert a commit via the web UI, how are you going to test to make sure that the revert doesn't break anything?

The only two options there seem to be:

• test locally
  • do everything via the web UI, including running the tests - this would require the implementation of something like GitHub's codespaces

If you're going to test locally, then you may as well just do the revert locally as well.  This can include using a UI for Git locally if you really want to avoid typing `git` in the terminal.

This only really applies to doing reverts for arbitrary commits.  If you want to revert a PR, you are already able to do this via the Bitbucket UI.

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2015

I would look at the help for the plugin as there might be something there. If not, I believe you will need to use the git revert command to back out the last commit.

0 votes
Misha chandan May 13, 2015

I used eclipse Ide with git plugin to commit the code .

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2015

What tool did you use to issue the commit?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events